Generating ideas ~ First, use APB Speakers Bureau website as a resource to spark ideas: https://www.apbspeakers.com/.
Create an Idea Calendar where you'll keep the ideas you generate while browsing the speakers.
Double click a speaker's photo to bring up their profile. Scroll down to see a list of topics, and a wealth of information that will spark ideas for you.
What does your mind conjure when you're reading them? Think out of the box.
Read what speakers speak about, where and how to find them, and get ideas for your own articles\speaking engagements here, https://www.apbspeakers.com/topics/all-topics/
This is also a fine resource to visit when you're writing an article for publication in a bonafide medium (on spec or assignment.)
*Do check their engagements and fees links.
*Do not contact the guests before a magazine has assigned your article.
You'll find plenty of variety.
- File it in a folder labeled, Idea Folder.
- Put it away and jot your next idea note on a separate paper.
- File it in your Idea Folder.
- Continue to jot down and file ideas as they come to you.
- Select one idea from your Idea Folder.
- Brainstorm and topic spoke the idea. (*See Topic Spoke handout.)
- Consult a Writer's Market, new or old - it doesn't matter much at this point.
- What you're looking for are categories.
OLD MAGAZINES-NEWSPAPERS - www.unz.org is an excellent resource to research past publications.
There's no need to ever be at a loss for ideas.